Sunday, November 22, 2009

GEORGE LOOS :''NUDE CLASSIC''

Since 1990, I would described myself as “a large format film photographer who makes contact prints.” I have shot with 4x5, 4x10 5x7, 8x10, 11x14 and 8x20 formats. I did shot some smaller work with medium format cameras, but I never liked the results of the smaller negative enlarged. So, I focused on contact printing the larger negatives.

I worked with Platinum/Palladium process for about seven years and had some very good results and success. First using the Palladio Company’s machine coated paper that was available in the early ‘90 and then hand coating my own after they went out of business. I used a double coating process that gave me better results with increase densities in my prints.

Then life through me a curve and mixed with the art. I thought moving my studio into a new house would help my photography. It did, but it changed it also. I could say life started to get too busy. I found that I no longer had the time or patience that I required for printing with the Platinum process. I migrated to silver printing but still contact printed. That has worked nicely for the last ten plus years.


Look the photos..

No comments:

Post a Comment