Sunday, November 2, 2014

COLLECTION OF VINTAGE GREEK 78 RPM RECORDS

 I recently acquired a fine collection of vintage Greek music from old 78 rpm records. A few of the records were damaged so if you hear a lot of 'skips', that was probably recorded from a cracked record, or if the recording starts 15 or 20 seconds into the song, then there was a bite out of the edge of the record and had to be started after that. Also, a couple of the records were either warped or broken so badly they could not be recorded. Too bad.

I do not read Greek so I photographed the labels so you can read what they say. Some internet friends are working on translating for me. In the meantime, if you click on the labels, that will open an enlarged version for easier reading. To hear the music, click on the text under the photo. This will download the recording in mp3 format.

I hope you will enjoy this music, as I have while recording it!

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/Greek/

No comments:

Post a Comment